ThunderTime is the preceptor side of the Lopes Activity Tracker. The app is used by preceptors for the purpose of approving clinical hours. If you are a student, please see Lopes Activity Tracker for more information. If you are a preceptor, see the appropriate heading below for assistance.
ThunderTime is the preceptor side of the Lopes Activity Tracker. Through this website, preceptors will be able to review and approve hours for their students, as well as complete evaluations of their progress.
ThunderTime can be accessed directly via Thundertime.gcu.edu. Enter your GCU email (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) and password into the Sign In window.
Preceptors will be provided with a GCU email address at the beginning of the student’s clinical evaluation process. This email will contain the username for ThunderTime. Additionally, preceptors will need to set up password recovery options and then reset their password upon initial sign in. Check out the next section on how to reset the password.
Before resetting the password, preceptors will need to set up their recovery options. To do so go ahead and log into ThunderTime with your initial password and then follow the Initial Sign In steps in this article: Password Reset Process.
Once your recovery options have been created. You can reset your password anytime by going back to ThunderTime. To start the reset process, follow the steps below.
- Once you are at ThunderTime, press Sign In.
- Enter your GCU email address and press Next.
- Press Forgot my password.
- Once you see “Get back into your account” go ahead and continue the Reset steps listed in the article Password Reset Process.
If you are a preceptor and need help with the password creation process, please contact GCU Faculty Technical Support via the following methods:
- Once you are logged into ThunderTime, select the Time Log Approvals option from the menu on the left.
- Details about the student and their time logs will appear. If you would like to approve the hours after reviewing the student’s submission, click Approve. If you need to adjust the time entered by the student, select Adjust Time.
- If you selected Adjust Time, a “Review Time Log Entry” pop up box will appear. Check the box next to “Adjust Hours”.
- In the new fields that appear, enter the adjusted hours/minutes and provide a reason for the adjustment. Then, click Approve.
If you are experiencing problems when logging into ThunderTime on a mobile device, you may receive the error message “Popup is disabled”.
When you receive this message, press the sign in button again to continue.
If you are unable to continue with the sign in process, make sure to enable pop-ups and cookies on your device. Select the appropriate mobile system for steps on enabling pop-ups and cookies.
These steps are for the Google Chrome browser that is available on Android tablets and phones. If you are using another browser downloaded from the play store, please search the support page of your browser for these steps.
- Open the Chrome App.
- To the right of the address bar at the top, tap the Settings Icon.
- Tap Site Settings and then select Pop-ups and Redirects.
NOTE If you don’t see Site Settings immediately, look for a Settings button; the Site Settings button should then be visible.
- Turn Pop-ups and redirects On.
- Press the Arrow in the top left corner.
- Select Cookies.
- Turn Cookies On.
NOTE If you see multiple options for Cookies, select the option that says, “Allow cookies”.
These steps are for the Safari browser that is available on iPhones and iPads. If you are using another browser downloaded from the app store, please search the support page of your browser for these steps.
- Open the Settings
- Scroll down and select Safari.
- Turn off Block Pop-ups.
- Turn off Block All Cookies.
If you continue to receive this error, make sure cookies are enabled. For more information about enabling cookies, check out the article Enabling Cookies in your Browser.
ThunderTime will display the message, “Your session has either expired or your cookies are disabled” when there is an extended period of inactivity. If you receive this message, click the Sign Out button in the upper right-hand corner and then sign in again.
If you are trying to sign in and you receive the error message “Pop-up is Disabled. Enable popup to sign in”, you will need to enable pop-ups before continuing. The article Allowing Pop-ups on GCU Sites will walk through the steps of enabling pop-ups.
The error message “Incorrect Username” will appear when you sign into ThunderTime using another email address that is not a @my.gcu.edu email address. When you receive this error message, press sign out and try to sign in with the given @my.gcu.edu email address. Ensure that you are using the correct format for your email address when trying again; some preceptor email addresses are formatted as email@example.com, rather than firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preceptors are not required to sign into CIRT to complete training. If you are taken to a CIRT sign in page when clicking the training link from within ThunderTime, please use the Search everywhere bar to search for “CONHCP Preceptor Training” and select the CONHCP Preceptor Training link from the search results.