If a file, such as a PowerPoint, is too large for upload, you may need to compress the file to make it small enough to upload to LoudCloud. LoudCloud has a maximum file size of 10 megabytes (MB). Images are often the cause for large file sizes, so compressing them is the easiest way to reduce the size of your file. To compress your pictures:
- Start by selecting any image and the Picture Tools context tab will appear.
- Under Picture Tools, click the Format tab.
- Under the Adjust group, click Compress Pictures.
NOTE If you do not see the Picture Tools and Format tabs, make sure you have selected an image. Also, depending on your screen size, you may only see the icon for Compress pictures.
With the Compress Pictures dialog box open, uncheck Apply only to this picture, allowing all pictures to be compressed.
- Next, select the radio button, E-mail (96 ppi): minimize document size for sharing. This allows for optimum image reduction for the submission process. When finished, press OK.
For instructions on compressing your images in Office for Mac, check out Microsoft's help article here.
If you are unable to compress the file or it is still over 10 megabytes (MB), you can do the following:
- Upload the file to OneDrive
- Copy the file’s link into a Word document
- Provide an explanation for the contents of the link in your Word document
- Upload that Word document to LoudCloud