Grand Canyon University’s online learning management systems are specifically intended to host classrooms for current and recently completed classes. They are not accessible indefinitely, however. It is the responsibility of each student to keep copies of all files uploaded to Halo | Learn. The University is not responsible to make course content or files submitted to the Halo | Learn available to students once the class has been removed. For more information, please see the University Policy Handbook from the Academic Catalog and Policies page. To determine how long you will have access to a completed course, review the lists below:
- Student Access: Students will retain access to their recently completed courses for six (6) weeks following the course end date. For the first three (3) weeks following the course end date, the student can still make changes in the classroom. For the final three (3) weeks, no changes can be made by the student; they can only look at the class content.
- Faculty Access: Faculty will retain access to their recently completed courses for six (6) weeks + one (1) day following the course end date. For the entire six (6) weeks following the course end date, faculty will retain the ability to grade assignments. On the last day, faculty are unable to grade assignments and can only review their classroom content.
- Institutional Assistant (IA) Access: Instructional Assistants will automatically lose access to their class the day after it ends.
If you are accessing your classroom through the GCU Portal or through Halo | Learn directly, the login information is your GCU email address and password. For more information on what login credentials to use on each website, check out Student Login Information article.
You can access previous courses by clicking on the My Classes button in the top left corner of any page within Halo. From the drop-down menu, select Past Classes to see a list of your past classes that are accessible. Click on your course to access your previous class.
Occasionally, we will archive an LMS instance and start all new courses in a new website.
Older LoudCloud instances have been archived and are no longer accessible. The following list provides the dates in which specific LoudCloud instances were archived.
- lc-grad2.gcu.edu was archived on 7/7/2017
- lc-ugrad1.gcu.edu was archived on 8/17/2017
- lc-trad1.gcu.edu was archived 11/27/2018
- lc-grad3.gcu.edu was archived on 5/16/2019
- lc-ugrad3.gcu.edu was archived on 7/15/2019
- lms-trad.gcu.edu was archived on 9/7/2021
- lms-ugrad.gcu.edu was archived on 3/5/2022
- lms-grad.gcu.edu was archived on 3/13/2022
All ANGEL courses were archived in 2013 and are no longer accessible. In some cases, eBook requests from ANGEL courses can be processed by contacting GCU Technical Support.