Only certain file types can be uploaded into LoudCloud. This restriction exists to ensure that your instructors can properly view your submitted assignments. If you receive an invalid file type error when attempting to upload your assignment to LoudCloud, you may be uploading an unsupported file type.
"oops something went wrong"
See Submitting Your Assignment to LoudCloud for more information.
LoudCloud supports most Microsoft Office files and should be the software of choice throughout your degree program. If you don't already have Microsoft Office, check out our guide on how to get it free from your GCU email.
A common Microsoft Office file that is not supported is the Microsoft Publisher file type. To resolve this invalid file type error, you can either zip the file, or save the file as a different type. If you need assistance zipping the file, check out the article How to Zip and Un-Zip Your Files. Alternatively, follow the steps below if you prefer to save as the file as a different file type instead:
- Start by choosing the File tab at the top of your document and select Save As.
- Choose a destination folder for the file and the Save As dialog box will open.
- From the Save As dialog box, click the drop-down menu for Save as type and for this example, select PDF.
- Once selected, click Save.
- This will create a new PDF file under the same name that can be uploaded into LoudCloud.
This error may occur when using Microsoft Word templates (.dot/.dotx) and occasionally when using the Word 97-2003 Document (.doc) file type, but the process to resolve the issue is nearly the same. The only difference from the example above is to save the file as a Word document (.docx) instead of a PDF.
Here is a list of supported file types for LMS. Files types not listed here will generate an invalid file type error.