Have you ever wished there was a way to recover your saved passwords? Some browsers will allow you to view your saved passwords. Check out how you can recover your saved passwords in Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
- Open the Menu in the upper right-hand corner of Firefox and select Options.
- Navigate to the Security tab and select Saved Logins.
- You will see a list of websites with your saved passwords. Select Show Passwords to see the password for each website.
- Firefox will ask if you are sure you wish to show your passwords; select Yes.
NOTE If on a page where a password is saved, there may be a key icon to the left of the star in the address bar. Selecting Manage passwords from the resulting menu will skip to step 4.
- Open the Menu in the upper right-hand corner of Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Locate the People section and select Passwords.
- You will see a list of websites for which you have saved passwords. Click on the eye icon next to the password you would like to see.
- If the computer requires a password to sign in, a box will appear prompting you to enter the computer password.
- To view saved passwords in Safari, click Safari in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and select Preferences. Within the Preferences window, navigate to the Passwords tab.
- Select the password you would like to view.
- Check the box to the left of Show passwords for selected websites in the lower left-hand corner of the page.
- If you are prompted to enter a password, enter the password you use to log into your computer and click OK.
- Open the Start Menu and search for “Control Panel”
- Select User Accounts
- Under Credential Manager in the User Accounts section, select Manage Web Credentials
- Locate and select the website that you need to recover the password from under Web Passwords
- Select the Show to the right of the password for the selected website
- If prompted to verify credentials, sign in with your computer login information