The Student Success Center is a hub for all the resources available to you as a student at GCU. It includes writing templates, tutorials, style guides, plagiarism prevention tools, college specific documents, as well as GCU handbooks and more! There are a few ways that you can access the Student Success Center.
- Access through your GCU Portal by clicking on the Student Success Center App. You will be automatically logged into the Student Success Center when accessing it from this App.
- Access through your LoudCloud classroom.
Online students (who aren't taking courses through the new LMS) can hover over the Resources tab, and then click Student Success Center. Traditional (ground) students can hover over the Course tab, and then click Student Success Center Students in the new LoudCloud platform (LMS) can access the Student Success Center via the drop down menu in the upper left corner of any page.
Keep in mind that you will not be automatically logged into the Student Success Center when accessing it from your LoudCloud classroom.
- Access by navigating directly to www.gcu.edu/studentsuccesscenter.
Logging into the Student Success Center
If you access the Student Success Center directly through the web URL or through your LoudCloud classroom, you will need to log in to view any resources you’ve saved. To log into the Student Success Center, click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Enter your GCU username or MyGCU email address (either option will allow you to log in) and password; then click Login.
There are multiple ways to find resources using the Student Success Center.
The search bar at the top of any page within the Student Success Center allows you to enter keywords to locate specific resources you are looking for. You can search for a specific section of the website, like the Writing Center, or for specific resources like the APA style guide.
If you aren’t sure what the name of the resource is that you’re looking for, try typing in key words related to the topic. If you are looking for the Writing Center and can’t remember how to get there, simply typing the word “writing” in the search bar and it will produce results that include a link to the Writing Center, as well as other related resources.
Browsing by College
You can locate resources that are specific to individual colleges by clicking the Explore Colleges option from the homepage of the Student Success Center. You can also access a list of the various GCU colleges at any time by clicking the Resources option at the top of the screen.
Tools can be located on the homepage of the Student Success Center, or by clicking the Resources option on the top of the screen at any time, and then selecting Tools.
The Tools section contains quick access to important resources to support New Student Success, self learning Skills Development modules, helpful writing resources in the Writing Center, and options to book a 1-on 1 learning session with a LEADer.
The Writing Center is a great resource if you want assistance with your academic writing. It contains helpful writing tools, style templates, tutorials, and more. You can access the Writing Center from the Tools section, or by searching for it using the Search option.
Some of the most commonly used resources in the Student Success Center are writing style guides and templates. To access these resources, you can search for them specifically using the Search option, or navigate to the Writing Center and click on Style Guides and Templates.
Virtual Writing Lounge
From the Writing Center, ground (traditional) students have an additional resource available called the Virtual Writing Lounge. This resource allows students to submit their papers for additional feedback before turning them in for a grade. Students should expect to receive revisions, comments and suggestions on submitted work within 48 hours (please allow up to 1 week for documents longer than 30 pages). To submit a paper to the Virtual Writing Lounge:
- You must first submit your paper to LopesWrite and receive a citation report. See our article on LopesWrite for assistance with that process.
- Download the PDF copy of your citation report from LopesWrite. This can be done by clicking the download button in the upper right corner of your report.
- Navigate to the Student Success Center and access the Writing Center from the Resources menu.
- Locate and click the Virtual Learning Lounge link under the Helpful Writing Tools heading.
- If you are prompted to log in, enter the same information you use to log into the GCU Portal. Your username will follow this format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Do you take classes on Campus.
- Fill out the required fields and attach the LopesWrite PDF copy of your paper. Click Submit. An acknowledgement email will be sent to the email address you provided on the form.
Another feature of the Student Success Center is the Success Dashboard. To access this area, you must first log into the Student Success Center, and then click the Success Dashboard option in the upper right corner of the screen. This option will be available from any page within the Student Success Center.
The Success Dashboard is customizable to fit your individual academic needs. You can adjust the theme (color) of your screen, view any resources or favorite pages that you have saved, and quickly access multimedia and eBooks from your current course.
To save a page or resource to your dashboard, click the small heart that appears to the right of its title. The resource will then appear on your dashboard for easier access in the future.