What is a 1098-T?
The 1098-T is an IRS form that students may use when filing taxes. It is not a bill. The activity reported on the 1098-T refers to transactions for tuition charges or adjustments, scholarships, and grants that posted to your student account between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31. The form does not reflect payments or loan disbursements. A student that has not attended class in the calendar year reflected on the 1098-T may receive a 1098-T if they had adjustments to the prior year's tuition, scholarships or grants.
When will I receive it?
All tax documents will be available and mailed by Jan. 31. GCU uses a third party (ECSI) to produce and mail all IRS 1098-T forms. It is sent to all students who had qualified tuition, other related educational expenses, scholarships or grants applied to their account during the previous tax year. The form is mailed to the address listed on the student's official record on their GCU account.
Where can I find 1098-T information online?
Students may view and print their 1098-T form online directly from the ECSI website.
- Navigate to https://heartland.ecsi.net/
- Select the Tax Documents option.
- Select Want to look up your 1098-T or 1098-E Tax Form? Click here to start your search.
- Search Grand Canyon University and select it from the list.
- Click Submit.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Social Security Number, and Zip Code then select the box to verify you are not a robot. Click Continue.
You will now be able to view your 1098-T Statement by clicking on the expand button.