There are two types of transcripts that can be accessed through the portal: official and unofficial. Official transcripts are paper transcripts that are typically required from schools or even employers as official proof of enrollment. Unofficial transcripts are PDF transcripts that can be downloaded and printed, as needed. Select Official Transcripts or Unofficial Transcripts below for instructions on obtaining each type.
Grand Canyon University will process transcripts immediately upon request; however, if you are waiting for your degree to be posted or for a certain class to show as completed, you should not request official transcripts until you are certain that these actions have occurred.
There are multiple ways to request your official transcript through GCU. The easiest way is through the GCU Portal.
- Log into the GCU Portal using your GCU email address and password. Then, click the Transcript Request app in the My Apps dashboard.
- Click Request Transcript to continue.
- Select Add Recipient.
- You will have two options for Recipient Type. Fill in the recipient information according to the type you selected and choose how many copies you would like.
- Other: If you are sending your transcript to another school or an alternate party, select Other from the Recipient Type drop-down menu. Enter the recipient’s information. Once all required fields are entered, click Save.
- Student: If you are the recipient of the transcript, select Student from the Recipient Type drop-down menu. If your address is listed in your GCU Portal, the required fields within the form will automatically fill in this information. When you click Save, the information will be stored and you will be redirected to the Add Recipient page to add more recipients or to process your request.
- Once you have finished adding recipients to the transcript request, you can proceed with processing your request by clicking Pay on the Transcript Request page. Official Transcript request costs $8.00 per copy to process.
- From the Processing Payment page, you can make any last-minute changes as needed. Read the authorization agreement and check the “I accept the above Payment Agreement” box. You can choose to enter a new credit card or use a card that is already saved to your account. Click Process to submit the transcript request or add a new credit card if needed.
- After the transcript request is processed, you will receive a confirmation displaying the transcript information. Select Close to end the process or select printer friendly version to save this confirmation for your records.
Alternatively, you can also request a transcript over the phone, by mail, email, or fax. Click here for more information on how to request your official transcript using these other methods.
If it has been 10 years or more since you have attended GCU, you will need to complete your request through email.
To complete your transcript request, email Academic Records at email@example.com. The following information is required in the body of your email:
- First name
- Last name
- Year you graduated
- Program studied
- Log into the GCU Portal.
- Open the Class Schedule/Grades app from the My Apps dashboard.
- Click Download Unofficial Transcript to download a PDF copy of your unofficial transcript.
From this page, you can also view your current, scheduled, and completed courses by clicking the plus/minus symbol next to each section.
Your class schedule can also be accessed using the following alternative method:
- Navigate to portalschedule.gcu.edu.
- Log in with your GCU username and password.
- Click Download Schedule to download a PDF copy of your unofficial transcript.
If you do not want to login to the GCU Portal, you can reach out to your Student Services Counselor to have a copy of your unofficial transcript emailed to you.