You may find that you need to revise the documents that you uploaded to your IRB application. Before you can update the uploaded documents, your application needs to be in a Revisions Requested status. The steps below will demonstrate how to check out a document and check the document in.
- Log into iRIS and select the Pencil and Pad icon next to the study that has the status Revisions Requested.
- In the Outstanding Submission(s), click the link in the Request Type under the Outstanding Submission
- You will be direct to the Revision Request Form. Select Revise Existing.
- A pop-up message will appear to confirm your selection. Select Ok to continue with the revision.
- A new pop-up will appear to explain the new version number, select Ok to continue.
- To update the document, you will need to select Check-Out Document.
- You will see download instructions and your file will start to download. Select Complete Checkout to finish the checkout process.
NOTE If you navigate away from this page before selecting Complete Checkout, the document will not be checked out.
- You will be directed back to the document information page and can see that the document check out status.
- After you are done editing the document, you will need to check in the revised document. Navigate back to the Revision Request Form.
- Select the newest version of the document under Component Name.
- Once you see the document information, select Check-In Document to upload the new version.
- A new pop-up window will appear to allow you to upload the document. Select Choose File to locate your file. Once you have selected your document, select Save Selected File.
- You can confirm that the new document was uploaded by selecting View the Document in the top right corner. Once you have confirmed the document has been uploaded, select Save Document.
- Select Complete Action under Compare Document Version. After you mark the action as complete, select Yes next to Do You Accept This Revision.
- The revision will be complete. Once you are finished with all the other revisions, select Save and Continue to Next Section in the top right corner.
If you do not an option to check in the document, but you still see the option to check out the document the check out process was not completed. When checking out the document, make sure to select Complete Checkout to finish the checkout process.
If you try to checkout a document but you don’t see the option to check out, you may have clicked the previous version of the document. If there is only one version of the document, make sure to select Revise Existing before trying to check out the document.