Screenshots are extremely helpful for us when diagnosing an issue. If you're not sure on how to take one, check out the steps below!
The Print Screen button, sometimes shown as Prt Scn, is located on the top-right side of most keyboards. Pressing this button one time will copy your entire display. You won't see anything happen, but it has been copied!
If you are using a laptop, you may have to hold down the Function key before pressing Prt Scn. Function is usually shown as Fn and is located on the bottom left of the keyboard.
We can now paste the copied display into a blank Microsoft Word document. Placing the image into a Word document helps when zooming in. Once the image has been pasted, save the Word document. You can now email the screenshot!
- Have the error or issue visible on your screen
- Press the Prt Scn button on your keyboard
- Open a new Microsoft Word document
- Right-click inside your Word document and select Paste
- You should now be able to view the image
- Save the Word document
- Send email with Word document attached
You can also use the Snipping Tool to take screenshots. Check out this article from Microsoft on how to use the Snipping Tool: