Not all classes use eBooks, even if they are delivered online. Make sure to check out Canyon Connect to see if your class has an eBook!
- To locate your eBook, start by opening the menu in the upper left corner and selecting Path.
- Select Course Materials from the list of options, then click the title of your eBook.
NOTE There may be multiple resources listed under the Course Materials heading. If you aren’t sure which resource is your eBook, check the Canyon Connect Website.
- Click the GCU media link that appears beneath the eBook title on the right.
Once at the Digital Resources page, click on the PDF icon. The icon will allow you to download and save your eBook. If you have a different icon, such as one that looks like a globe, check out Reading your eBooks Through the Web Viewer.
- When you have opened the eBook with Adobe Reader, you will see a sign-in page as pictured below. Sign in with your GCU username (without the @my.gcu.edu) and password. Then, click Login. If you press Enter on the keyboard, it will not log you in.
NOTE If you receive an error message that says “Your credentials appear to be incorrect. Please try again or contact customer support (bw5)”, you may have entered the wrong username or password or your account may be locked out. If your account is locked, you will need to contact Technical Support to get it unlocked.
- Occasionally, after clicking login, you may receive a Security Warning that says "The Document is trying to connect to: https://ppdf.gcu.edu. Do you trust gcu.edu?" Select Allow to continue. This error message does not always appear when downloading your eBooks.
NOTE If you select block, you may receive one of the following errors: “Your security settings don’t allow access to the protectedpdf server. You must allow access to the server in order to open the document.” Or “Adobe Acrobat does not allow connection to: ppdf.gcu.edu” For information on how to resolve this, refer to eBook FAQs.
- After you click on Log In, a yellow message will appear near the top of the screen that says "Some features have been disabled to avoid potential security risks. Only enable these features if you trust this document". Click on Options and select Trust this document always.
- After making that selection, the sign in page will reload. Enter your GCU username (without the @my.gcu.edu) and password. Then, click Log In. If you press Enter on the keyboard, it will not log you in. Once your credentials are entered correctly, a message will pop up stating the eBook has been unlocked and asking if you want to be automatically signed into the eBook without needing to log in. If you are on a public computer, select No; otherwise, you can select Yes to bypass logging in.
We recommend saving a copy of the eBook to an accessible area, such as your Desktop.
Still have questions? Check out our eBook FAQ!