W.W. Norton is a textbook publishing company that provides electronic resources in the form of eBooks to specific GCU courses. The W.W. Norton eBook reader allows you to access the content on your computer, tablet, and smartphone and includes intuitive highlighting, bookmarking, and note-taking features.
If you already have a W.W. Norton account and need to register a new eBook, you do not need to create a new account. To register for a new eBook, choose the option for Register, Purchase, or Sign up for Trial Access. Enter the same account information and select the option for I have a registration code to enter your new code.
Before you can access your W.W. Norton eBook, you will need to locate the unique link to the eBook’s Digital Resources page in your LoudCloud classroom. This can be found in the Syllabus and Course Materials section or by asking your instructor. The link will start with https://digital.wwnorton.com/ and ends with a shortened title of the textbook.
For example: If the title of the eBook is The Enjoyment of Music, 12th Shorter Edition, the link to the Digital Resources page will look like this:
Once on the eBook’s Digital Resources page, complete the following steps to access the eBook:
- Click on Sign in, Register Code, or Purchase Access
- Select No, I need to register, purchase, or sign up for trial access and click on Register, Purchase or Sign Up for Trial Access.
- Create an account by entering your name and @my.gcu.edu email address and create a password.
- Select I have a registration code and enter the code that is provided to you in the Syllabus or Course Materials within your LoudCloud classroom.NOTE When creating an account, we recommend that you use your GCU password.
- Ensure the email address has been entered correctly and click Confirm.
NOTE If your instructor has created a student set ID number, you will enter it during registration when prompted. Adding the student set ID number allows instructors to share notes with you and view your activity in the eBook.
Once you successfully complete your registration, you can continue to access the eBook by using the unique link provided in your LoudCloud classroom. You will sign in with the email address and password created during the registration process.
For additional resources for eBook functionality, please visit W.W. Norton’s support site at https://wwnorton.knowledgeowl.com/help/ebook. You can also submit a ticket to their support team via this link.
To print a section of the eBook:
- Click on the page menu icon at the bottom center of the page and select Print this page.
- A window will appear indicating how many sections of the eBook you are eligible to print before meeting your printing quota. To proceed with printing the section of the eBook you selected, click on the Print button and follow your browser's prompts. If you have changed your mind and no longer wish to print this section of the eBook, click the Nevermind button and this section will not be counted towards your printing quota.
Just like the printing feature found in the eBook, you have a set quota of words that you can copy from each section. After copying the text, you will receive a message that clearly defines how many more words you can copy from this particular section before your copying quota is met.
If you go over your copying quota the first time you attempt to copy text from a section of the eBook, you'll receive a message that you have exceeded your quota and that you need to select fewer words and try again.
In order to access your eBook offline, W.W.Norton suggests using either Google Chrome or Safari. Other web browsers may not be fully compatible. Furthermore, the feature will not work if using an In Private Window or Incognito Mode.
- Open any chapter of your eBook.
- Click on the eBook menu icon in the upper left corner of the page.
- Select the Table of Contents by clicking on the book icon and click on the Offline reading button near the bottom of the list.
- Select the content you would like to make available for offline reading by checking the boxes to the left of the titles. You can also use the arrows to view more detailed options when selecting content. Once you have finished selecting content, click the Apply button at the bottom of the list.
NOTE The more content you select, the longer it will take to make your selection available for offline reading. If you are using a mobile device with a limited amount of storage, please be conservative with the amount of content you select. If you select more content then your device can hold, you will receive a message that only part of the content you selected could be made available for offline reading.
- After the content you selected has been made available for offline reading, you will receive a link that you will need to bookmark so that you can access your eBook content offline.
- Click on the Done button to return to the Table of Contents. When you use that link to access the eBook content offline, you will notice a few changes in the Table of Contents:
- Content that is available for offline reading will be presented as bold, black text (green box).
- Content that is not available for offline reading will be displayed as normal, grey text (red box).
- The Offline reading button now confirms that you are offline (red arrow).
The Norton eBook Reader works on desktop computers and laptops, tablets, and smartphones; however, interactive content is best viewed on desktop computers, laptops, and tablets.
The Norton eBook Reader is compatible with the following browsers and devices: