When do you get a Learner Dissertation Page (LDP)?
Learners are assigned a chair and methodologist in RES-871/RES-885 (EDD and DBA) or PSY-825 (PhD). At that time, the learner is to identify and confirm their Content Expert. The process for having an LDP created is:
- Learners confirm their Content Expert to their chair.
- The D-10 form is sent to the learners my.gcu.edu email address. Initiated by the Dissertation Student Services Counselor (DSSC).
- Only one signature is required by the content specialist to set up an LDP.
- The CDS works with IT to create an LDP.
Finding a Content Expert
For more information regarding finding a content expert, locate the Finding a Content Expert folder under the Dissertation folder at https://dc.gcu.edu/dissertation.
Dissertation Student Services Counselor
When you enter the dissertation phase, an academic counselor with specific knowledge related to the dissertation phase will be assigned to assist you. This person is commonly called a DSSC, which stands for Dissertation Student Services Counselor (DSSC). The DSSC will initiate the D-10 form for learners to begin the process of setting up their LDP.
How to access your Learner Dissertation Page (LDP)
- Log on to the DC Network™ (https://dc.gcu.edu) using your LoudCloud log on information
- After logging in, go to the url and type my.dashboard at the end of the url address (https://dc.gcu.edu/my.dashboard)
- After logging in, go to the url and type committee_firstname_lastname (https://dc.gcu.edu/Committee_firstname_lastname)
Reasons you may not have a Learner Dissertation Page (LDP)
- The D-10 form has not been completed.
- Content Expert has not been confirmed with your Chair.