The Learner Dissertation Page is a virtual workspace that provides a central and private area for learners and their committee to work together.
If you have any questions or concerns about the LDP, reach out to your Dissertation Chair.
Learners are assigned a chair and methodologist in RES-885 (EDD), DBA-885 (DBA), or PSY-825 (PhD). At that time, the learner is to identify and confirm their Content Expert. For more information on the sequence of courses, please see the Program Overview page and search for your degree program. The process for having an LDP created is:
- Learners confirm their Content Expert to their chair.
- Learners who are in a Developing the Research Proposal course will be sent the D-10 form to their my.gcu.edu email address. This is initiated by the Student Services Counselor.
- Only one signature is required by the content specialist to set up an LDP.
- The CDS works with IT to create an LDP.
For more information regarding finding a content expert, locate the Finding a Content Expert folder under the Dissertation folder at https://dc.gcu.edu/dissertation.
Student Services Counselors initiate the D-10 form for learners to begin the process of setting up your LDP. Please note, all Student Services Counselors have the ability to set this up and assist Doctoral Learners with every step in the process from application to graduation.
- Log on to the DC Network™ (https://dc.gcu.edu) using your LoudCloud log on information.
- After logging in, click My Dashboard in the upper right corner.
- Under the My Spaces header, select your Committee.
- You will then be taken to your Learner Dissertation Page.
To access your Doctoral Text Books, locate the My Dashboard option on the upper right corner.
Under the My Spaces header, select your Committee.
Once you are on the Learner Dissertation Page, locate Important Links in the column on the left side of the page.
Your textbooks will be available under, GCU Doctoral Text Books.
You can access the Email Forum from navigation bar in your LDP.
From here, you can add a topic or reply to existing topics.
To reply to a topic, scroll to the bottom of the comments and type in the reply box.
The Discussion Forums contain additional forums available within the DC Network. These forums can be accessed by selecting the Discussion Forums dropdown on the left-hand side of the dc.gcu.edu homepage.
From here, you can add a topic or reply to existing topics within any of the Discussion Forums.
If you are unable to access or locate your LDP after logging into the DC Network, you may not have a Learner Dissertation Page set up. Some reasons you may not have a Learner Dissertation Page (LDP) include:
- The D-10 form has not been completed.
- Content Expert has not been confirmed with your Chair.
If you do not have a dissertation page, please contact your Student Services Counselor.
If you are an inactive student for 90 days (3 months), meaning you are not participating or taking classes, your committee is removed from your LDP and many of the dashboard functions may be missing. If you are missing information from your LDP, please contact the College of Doctoral Studies directly.
If you have any further questions about the LDP, please view the documentation link on the Learner Dissertation Page. This documentation is found under Important Links and addresses questions about:
- The Learner Dissertation Page User Interface
- Access and Privacy
- Creating a new email from the email forum
- Responding to committee communications
- How to upload a new document
- Uploading an updated version to an existing document
- Viewing Document History
- The Dissertation Chair
- Adding events to the Calendar