Your assignments may require that you add a header or footer to your Microsoft Word file. You can add them by double-clicking near the top or bottom of your paper, depending on which type you are trying to add.
You can also add a header or footer by selecting the Insert tab and choosing the respective type.
For more details on editing the style of the header or footer, check out this article from Microsoft.
If you need some help on what to put in the header or footer, take a look at the The Writing Center, located in the Student Success Center. In The Writing Center, you can find MLA, APA, and GCU style guides, as well as templates and other helpful writing websites.
- Start by opening a New Blank Document in Microsoft Word.
- Select File in the upper left-hand side, then select Info.
- Once in the Info tab, select Manage Documents.
- From the drop-down menu, select Recover Unsaved Documents.
- You will then be presented with a list of your unsaved documents. Notice: Not all your content may have been saved when recovering your document.