As part of the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus package we offer for free to all active GCU students, you can also download Office on your Android device. You may follow these steps to download any of the Microsoft Office apps provided by GCU, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and OneDrive.
- Search for and select Microsoft Word from the Play Store app.
- Select Install.
- Select Accept.
- Once the download is complete, select Open.
- Enter your GCU email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and select the arrow.
- Enter your GCU password (the same as your Student Portal) and select Sign in.
- You will be signed into Office. Select an option to begin using Word.
NOTE If you choose to create your documents in OneDrive, they will be accessible on all of your devices.
Not only can you download the Office 365 apps separately, but you can also download the full app from the Google Play Store. Here are the steps to do so:
- Look Up Microsoft Office in the Google Play Store
- Tap the Install button
- If you go to the main screen, you can see the progress of your download
- Once you have it installed, you can open it by tapping the app
Once you have the app opened, you can see all the documents you have worked on. If you tap the drop-down menu, you will see the different Office apps and file types you can access from that screen.