This article refers to managing announcements within the newest LMS platform, Halo | Learn, which is currently being used for some graduate level courses. If your class is not in the Halo | Learn platform, please see (Faculty LoudCloud) Managing Announcements for assistance instead.
Posting an announcement is a great way to communicate with all students in a class at once. Many faculty members post weekly announcements to explain learning objectives and provide helpful resources.
To access the announcements, click on Announcements from the left navigation menu.
- To create an announcement, click Add Announcement.
- Enter the Title, Start Date, Start Time, and The End Date and time is not required to publish the announcement.
NOTE Students can view announcements until the end date has passed. If you do not enter the End Date, the system will default to the course end date when the announcement is published.
- Click Publish.
- The announcement will be published to the Active You can see how many students have acknowledged the announcement. Clicking on Expand Students, shows who has acknowledged the announcement.
If you post an announcement and want to hide it from the students, you can deactivate the announcement.
- To deactivate an announcement, click the Three Dots to the right of the announcement. Then click Deactivate.
- You will be prompted to confirm the deactivation. Press Confirm to deactivate the post.
- The announcement will be listed under the Inactive section.
Once the end date has passed, or after you deactivate the announcement, you will have the opportunity to reactivate the post.
- To reactivate the announcement, navigate to the Inactive section.
- Click the Three Dots to the right of the announcement.
- Clicking the Reactivate will reactivate the announcement.
- If you would like to make any edits to the announcement, press the Three Dots again and select Edit. Make sure to enter the End Date and Time. If you want students to acknowledge the announcement again, check Reset Acknowledgement Count to Zero.
- Press Update to save the changes to the reactivated announcement.
When creating an announcement, the changes will be saved automatically as a draft.
- To edit an announcement that has not been published, go to the Draft section.
- You can start editing the draft right away. When the post is complete, press Publish.
You can also make changes to an announcement that has been published.
- To edit a published announcement, click the Three Dots to the right of the announcement. Then select Edit.
- When you are finished editing the announcement, press Update.