The Faculty Portal is a one-stop shop for faculty resources, and includes links to your courses, GCU email, and more.
You can access the Faculty Portal by browsing to http://gcuportal.gcu.edu/ and selecting Faculty Access. After reaching the Faculty Portal, select Sign In.
A pop-up will appear, which asks you to enter your GCU email address and password.
If you do not remember your password or need to reset it, select the Forgot password button that appears after entering your email address. For a full step-by-step guide on the reset process, see: Password Reset Process.
You can sign out of the Faculty Portal at any time by clicking the arrow next to your name, and then selecting Sign out.
The Faculty Portal Landing Page
The Faculty Portal Landing Page is divided into several functional areas. See the appropriate heading below for more information about each area.
The My Profile section is located in the upper left corner of the Faculty Portal landing page. It contains contact information and a profile photo if you choose to add one. This photo is only viewable by you, and does not apply to any of your other accounts such as the LMS or your GCU email.
- To add a photo, start by clicking the camera icon in the profile section.
- Select Upload picture from the menu that appears.
- Select your preferred profile image from the file explorer. Keep in mind that the only acceptable file types for this process are .png, .jpg, and .jpeg.
- Once the image has been selected and uploaded successfully, it will appear in the image circle. Click Save to complete the upload. You can always change your profile picture later by selecting Remove picture and repeating the steps listed above.
The My Schedule section is located at the top of the Faculty Portal landing page, and contains information about current, upcoming, past, and training courses. Each class information card contains your role, the course code, course title, modality, and start/end dates. If the class is taught on ground, the card will also display the class time and the building/classroom location on campus.
- Current Classes: This tab contains information about any classes that you are currently teaching. Classes will appear in this tab once they are available in the LMS, and will automatically move to the Past tab after the course end date has passed.
- Upcoming Classes: This tab contains information about classes that you have accepted a contract for, but have not yet started. Once the class is available in the LMS, it will automatically move to the Current tab.
- Past Classes: This tab contains information about classes that have ended, but are still within the grading time window to submit grade changes. The class will remain in the Past Classes tab for five weeks (per the GCU University Handbook grading policy), and will disappear from view once the time limit has passed.
- Training Classes: This tab contains information about faculty training and/or professional development courses. If you are enrolled in a training class as a student, it will appear within this tab.
To access a class listed in any of the schedule tabs, select the Go to Class button on the appropriate card.
The navigation bar is located in the upper right corner of the Faculty Portal landing page. It contains a link back to the home page, your email inbox, and additional resources.
To access your email, select the Email link. You will be taken to the log in page of your Outlook 365 account, from which you can enter login credentials and access your email inbox. For more information about accessing your GCU email, see [Faculty] Accessing Your GCU Email.
To see a list of additional resources, select the Resources link. The My Resources page will appear. This page contains links to helpful faculty resources, such as Workday, FRC, CV Builder, and more. If there is a resource that you would like to bookmark for easier access in the future, select the bookmark icon on the appropriate resource card.
This will save the resource to the Quick Links section on the Faculty Portal landing page.
Errors and Troubleshooting
If you are unable to sign in, first ensure that your login information is correct. Faculty should log in using their GCU email address, which will end in @gcu.edu (full-time faculty) or @my.gcu.edu (adjunct faculty).
If you continue to have trouble signing in, we recommend enabling pop-ups and cookies within your browser. See the following articles for assistance with either process:
If you receive the error message, “Error: API Unavailable. Please refresh the page…”, first try refreshing the page. If the error persists, we recommend enabling cookies in your browser and clearing your cache and cookies. See the following articles for assistance with either process:
The Faculty Portal is not fully optimized for mobile devices at this time. It is recommended that you access the site through a desktop browser.
If a desktop browser is not available and you are unable to continue with the sign-in process, we recommend enabling pop-ups and cookies on your device. Select the appropriate mobile system below for steps on enabling pop-ups and cookies.
These steps are for the Google Chrome browser that is available on Android tablets and phones. If you are using another browser downloaded from the play store, please search the support page of your browser for these steps.
- Open the Chrome App.
- To the right of the address bar at the top, tap the Settings Icon.
- Tap Site Settings and then select Pop-ups and Redirects.
NOTE If you don’t see Site Settings immediately, look for a Settings button; the Site Settings button should then be visible.
- Turn Pop-ups and redirects On.
- Press the Arrow in the top left corner.
- Select Cookies.
- Turn Cookies On.
NOTE If you see multiple options for Cookies, select the option that says, “Allow cookies”.
These steps are for the Safari browser that is available on iPhones and iPads. If you are using another browser downloaded from the app store, please search the support page of your browser for these steps.
- Open the Settings
- Scroll down and select Safari.
- Turn off Block Pop-ups.
- Turn off Block All Cookies.