The Roster provides you with a list of all students and faculty associated with each class. Here you can find the personal details such as email address, home address, work experience, and education that has been shared on each profile. For assistance with editing your own profile, see Setting up the Faculty Profile. To view the roster, click Roster in the Connect tab of the Navigation Menu.
Once on the roster page, click on a student name to access their profile information.
There may be some situations where you would like a hard copy of the roster. Whether it is for attendance or keeping track of students, you can print the roster with the steps below.
- To view a table with the course roster, click the Student Contact Information button.
NOTE Sometimes clicking the Student Contact Information button will not bring up the roster table. If this is the case, then try clicking it a second time.
- Once the table is open, it should look similar to this:
- Highlight the entire table.
- Right-click on the highlighted table and select Print from the pop-up menu
- Select the Print button in the print window.
NOTE If you are using Internet Explorer, it may not show you a preview of what you are trying to print. It is recommended that you select Print Preview instead of print, to ensure that it is printing what you have selected. You can then print from the preview by clicking the printer icon in the top right corner of the preview.
- This should print out the table on its own for you to use as necessary.
Printing the table from LoudCloud doesn’t always work as intended; it may print out the entire webpage instead of only the chart. If this is the case, you can copy and paste the table into an Excel spreadsheet. Once this is done, you can print out the Excel spreadsheet instead.
- Open an Excel spreadsheet.
- Highlight the entire table inside of the LMS.
- Press ctrl + c or cmd + c to copy the table.
- In Excel, click on the cell that you want the table to start in.
- Paste the table into Excel with ctrl + v or cmd + v
- Once the table is in Excel, press crtl + p or cmd + p
- Make sure that preview matches what you want to print.
NOTE Sometimes the table may be too large and carry rows to a second page. If this is the case, try changing the orientation to landscape or fitting all columns to one page.
- Select the Print button and it will print your spreadsheet.
Adding Office Hours
Per faculty requirements, please post Office Hours for students in your class. It's recommended that you post contact information and office hours in the Signature portion of the faculty profile. For steps on this process, please see Setting up the Faculty Profile.
You may also choose to add this information on the Roster if you have different office hours for each individual class. To add your office hours on the roster, begin by clicking on the Instructor tab.
Then click Add Office Hours.
Next, place a check mark in the box to the left of the day that you prefer to be contacted and enter the start time in the From column and the end time in the To column. You are also prompted to add the room number, if applicable. If you are an online faculty, we recommend adding the word phone in the Room No column so students know they can reach you via your preferred phone contact on file. Once you have added your office hours and location, click Save.
Now your Office Hours are visible!
You can edit your Office Hours at any time by navigating back to the roster and selecting Edit Office Hours.