Which system am I using?
You may be using the Old LoudCloud if you see a purple/blue menu bar or if your url starts with
You may be using the New LoudCloud (also referred to as the LMS) if your menu dropdown is on the left side or if your url starts with lms-trad.gcu.edu, lms-ugrad.gcu.edu, or lms-grad.gcu.edu.
It's a great idea to save your eBooks to your computer for faster access. Saving your eBook is similar to saving any other PDF file. Keep in mind that even if you save your eBook, you will still need an Internet connection in order to unlock the contents.
Locating your eBook
The location of your eBook link may differ depending on which LoudCloud platform you’re using, Select the appropriate dropdown menu below for steps.
- Your eBook is located inside of your LoudCloud classroom under the Course Materials tab, located inside of the Resources heading. Your eBook may also be located under the Syllabus tab, located inside of the Resources heading.
- Under the Textbook heading, there is a link for a GCU Media page; click the link.
- To locate your eBook, start by opening the menu in the upper left corner and selecting Path.
- Select Course Materials from the list of options, then click the title of your eBook.
NOTE There may be multiple resources listed under the Course Materials heading. If you aren’t sure which resource is your eBook, check the Canyon Connect Website.
- Click the GCU media link that appears beneath the eBook title on the right.
Downloading your eBook
Once at the Digital Resources page, click on the PDF icon. The icon will allow you to download and save your eBook. If you have a different icon, such as one that looks like a globe, check out Reading your eBooks Through the Web Viewer.
Once you have Adobe Reader installed and you have opened the eBook, you will need to follow a few more steps to successfully unlock it.
- When you have opened the eBook with Adobe Reader, you will see a sign-in page as pictured below. Sign in with your GCU username (without the @my.gcu.edu) and password. Then, click Login. If you press Enter on the keyboard, it will not log you in.
NOTE If you receive an error message that says “Your credentials appear to be incorrect. Please try again or contact customer support (bw5)”, you may have entered the wrong username or password or your account may be locked out. If your account is locked you will need to contact Technical Support to get it unlocked.
- Occasionally, after clicking login, you may receive a Security Warning that says "The Document is trying to connect to: https://ppdf.gcu.edu. Do you trust gcu.edu?" Select Allow to continue. This error message does not always appear when downloading you eBooks.
- After you click on Login, a yellow message will appear near the top of the screen that says "Some features have been disabled to avoid potential security risks. Only enable these features if you trust this document". Click on Options and select Trust this document always.
- After making that selection, the sign in page will reload. Enter your GCU username (without the @my.gcu.edu) and password. Then, click Login. If you press Enter on the keyboard, it will not log you in. Once your credentials are entered correctly, a message will pop up stating the eBook has been unlocked and asking if you want to be automatically signed into the eBook without needing to log in. If you are on a public computer, select No; otherwise, you can select Yes if you would like to bypass logging in.
We recommend saving a copy of the eBook to an accessible area, such as your Desktop.