Java is a computing platform used for some of GCU's multimedia websites. These sites may not function properly unless you have Java installed. The steps for installing Java are the same for all Windows computers. If using Windows 8, make sure you are in Desktop Mode when you download and install Java.
To install Java:
- Start by visiting the java.com website
- Choose the Free Java Download option
- Select Agree and Start Free download
- You can either open or save the install file. If you choose to save it, locate the installer in your Downloads folder after the download is complete and double-click the file.
- Allow the program to make changes
Once the download is finished and the installation begins, make sure to clear the check box for the installation of the Ask.com Toolbar.
Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
If you need to install Java on your Mac, check out this guide from Java's help site!