MAXQDA Code Renewal
If you are a Doctoral Student that needs to renew your MAXQDA program, you can go to the MAXQDA software page of the DC Network to access the newest activation code and renewal instructions!
MAXQDA is qualitative data analysis software available to doctoral students. This software allows you to transcribe audio and video files, import and analyze Twitter data, analyze focus groups, visualize results, conduct text analysis, generate reports, and create statistical frequency tables.
Click here to start the download: PC Download
The MAXQDA2018_Setup.msi file will begin to download in your browser. This process typically takes about 10 minutes, but can take longer depending on your internet speed.
Once the download process is complete, click the downloaded file and a new screen will appear. Check the box indicating that you have read and accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next.
A pop up message will appear that asks: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
Wait for the installation to complete. This process may take a few minutes.
Once the installation is complete, ensure that the Start MAXQDA 2018 box is checked, and then click Finish.
A new screen will appear with options of how to proceed. Click the option to Activate MAXQDA 2018.
You will be prompted to activate your MAXQDA program. In the screen that appears, enter the serial number including dashes (this can be located by clicking this link to the DC Network and logging in), your first and last name, and your GCU email; then click Activate.
In the activation screen that appears next, read the agreement and place a check in the I Agree box. Then click OK.
Wait for the program to finish activating. This process may take a few minutes to complete. Once the activation is complete, a screen will appear to notify you.
You can now start using MAXQDA! For help using this program, check out Getting Started with MAXQDA.
- Open MAXQDA and click New Project. Choose a location to save your file.
- A box will appear offering a new version of MAXQDA. Click Download update.
- You may be prompted to update your software, but you may also manually search for updates by clicking the question mark in the upper right corner. Then select Search for Updates from the menu that appears.
- The download process will begin. Once it has completed, click Install update.
- If you receive the following error message, this means that you have just installed your MAXQDA program and have tried to push an update. Notice: The newest version may not automatically install. Click on Cancel, then restart your computer.
- The installation process will begin. This may take a few minutes depending on your internet speed.
- A box will appear notifying you that the update was successful. Click OK. The program will then re-open and you can begin using it.