MAXQDA is qualitative data analysis software available to doctoral students. This software allows you to transcribe audio and video files, import and analyze Twitter data, analyze focus groups, visualize results, conduct text analysis, generate reports, and create statistical frequency tables.
These instructions are relative to Windows (PC) computers.
Click here to start the download: PC Download
The MAXQDA2018_Setup.msi file will begin to download in your browser. This process typically takes about 5 minutes, but can take longer depending on your internet speed.
Once the download process is complete, click the downloaded file and a new screen will appear. Check the box indicating that you have read and accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next.
A pop up message will appear that asks: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
Wait for the installation to complete. This process may take a few minutes.
Once the installation is complete, ensure that the Start MAXQDA 2018 box is checked, and then click Finish.
A new screen will appear with options of how to proceed. Click the option to Activate MAXQDA 2018.
You will prompted to activate your MAXQDA program. In the screen that appears, enter the serial number (this can be located by clicking this link to the DC Network and logging in), your first and last name, and your GCU email; then click Activate.
In the activation screen that appears next, read the agreement and place a check in the I Agree box. Then click OK.
Wait for the program to finish activating. This process may take a few minutes to complete. Once the activation is complete, a screen will appear to notify you.
You can now start using MAXQDA! For help using this program, check out Getting Started with MAXQDA.
As of August 2018, there is an optional free update for MAXQDA as well. Click the menu below for instructions on how to update your program.
- Open MAXQDA and click New Project. Choose a location to save your file.
- Click the question mark in the upper right corner. Then select Search for Updates from the menu that appears.
- A box will appear offering MAXQDA version 18.1. Click Download update.
- The download process will begin. Once it has completed, click Install update.
- The installation process will begin. This may take a few minutes depending on your internet speed.
- A box will appear notifying you that the update was successful. Click OK. The program will then re-open and you can begin using it.