Come and join us for one of our Student Success Webinars today! All webinars are scheduled according to MST time. Arizona does not observe Daylight Savings Time.
Introduction to your Student Portal and LoudCloud (LMS) Classroom
Join us on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:00 am, or on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 pm to learn how to make the best use of the many advantages your Student Portal and LoudCloud have to offer, including the following:
- Navigation and features of the portal
- Setting up personalized alerts
- Changing personal information
- Accessing and navigation through the classroom
- How to submit assignments
- Overview on how to use the forums
- Calendar view of assignment due dates, with reminders
- Home page with quick overview of course activities
This webinar is offered at the following times (Arizona Time):
- Monday and Wednesday at 6:00 PM
- Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00 AM
Can't make it? No problem! Click here to watch a LoudCloud (LMS) Walk to Class Tutorial.
Looking for more webinars? The GCU Library also has a full set of webinars available to help with research and online library navigation.
Joining a Student Success Webinar
To sign up for a webinar you wish to attend, click on the link above to select your date.
Select the date and time that works best for you, fill out the required fields located on the registration page, and click Register.
You will receive an email confirming that you have successfully registered for the webinar. Click on the link in the email to join the webinar at the specified time and date.
You will receive a reminder email as the time nears the scheduled webinar. Again, you can click on the link in the email to join the webinar at the specified time and date.
We recommend signing in to the webinar 10 minutes before its start time so your computer can download and install the required software for you to participate.
Select Join Webinar or select the web address provided in step 1 of the reminder email. This will start the process of downloading and installing the software, if necessary.
If you need to install the software, follow the on-screen prompts until the installation is finished.
Once complete, you will see the presenter's screen and your interactive console.
Webinar System Requirements
PC-based attendees required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000
Macintosh®-based attendees required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer
For questions about this webinar series, please contact [email protected]
Enabling Webinar Sound for Windows 10
Recently, Windows 10 users have experienced some audio problems when attending Webinars. To ensure you can clearly hear the audio, we recommend checking your speaker properties.
- Start by opening your Start Menu and selecting the gear for Settings.
- Once in the Settings page, select System.
Select Sound from the left-hand side, then click on Device properties.
- From the Enhancements tab, check the box labeled Disable all sound effects and select Ok to apply changes.