You can add your GCU email to your smartphone so that you always have your email, wherever you are. The setup for iPhone and Android are slightly different, but the settings are exactly the same. If you’re using an Android device, you can add your GCU account to either the “Email” or “Outlook” app. See the appropriate menu below for steps.
Before you begin, please ensure your iPhone has the most up-to-date software available.
- Start by accessing the Settings app and scroll down to Mail.
- Next, tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- On the next screen, enter your GCU email (make sure to include @my.gcu.edu) and a description of what you want the email to be displayed as. Once you are finished entering the information, tap Next.
- A pop-up will ask “Sign in to your ‘my.gcu.edu’ Exchange account using Microsoft?” select Configure Manually.
- Enter in your GCU password, tap Next.
You will now verify a few more pieces of information:
Username: your GCU email including @my.gcu.edu
Password: same as the Student/Faculty Portal
- Once finished with adding the settings, tap Next.
- Finally, tap Save and you're done!
Before you begin, please ensure your device has the most up-to-date software available. Please note, the steps below can vary slightly depending on what type of Android device you have.
- Start by accessing the Email app.
- If this is the first account you are adding, skip to step 3. If you already have an email account associated with this app, click the menu or settings button (the location of this button will differ depending on your device). Then, click on Add Account or Manage Account. You may need to select Add New Account or tap the + button again to get to the Add Account screen.
- If you’re prompted to choose an account type, select Exchange. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- On the Add Account screen, type in your GCU email (including @my.gcu.edu) and password, then select Next or Sign In.
If you’re prompted to choose a personal or work/school account, choose the Work or School account. You may be asked to enter your password again afterwards.
- You will be prompted with a “Permissions Requested” screen. If so, click Accept to proceed.
- The Manual Setup page contains setting information. You can adjust any of the settings to your preferences, and then click Done.
- If prompted with a “Active Device Admin app” screen, click Activate to continue. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- The final step is to add a name to the account. You can name it anything that helps you identify which account it is. When you're done, you should see your email inbox
Newer Android devices come with Office 365 and the appropriate apps installed. This means that Outlook, the email app for Windows, already comes preinstalled.
- Open the app.
- Once the app is opened, it will tell you if it recognizes any of the emails on your device.
- Once you tap on the accounts found, you can either check one of them, or none of the options to add.
- If you tap none of the options, it will provide a skip button. Click this button to continue.
- Once you click skip, enter your student email address and click Continue.
- Enter your password and select Sign In to finish the process.
- Congratulations you have successfully signed into your email!
NOTE When your GCU password expires, it will sign you out on your phone. You will need to log into your email again on your mobile device with the new password you've created. If you need assistance resetting your password, see the article Password Reset Process.