You can add your GCU email to your smartphone so that you always have your email, wherever you are. The setup for iPhone and Android are slightly different, but the settings are exactly the same.
- Start by accessing the Settings app and scroll down to Mail.
- Next, tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Exchange.
- On the next screen, enter your GCU email (make sure to include @my.gcu.edu), password, and a description of what you want the email to be displayed as. Once you are finished entering the information, tap Next.
You will now verify a few more pieces of information:
Username:your GCU email including @my.gcu.edu
Password: same as the Student/Faculty Portal
- Once finished with adding the settings, tap Next.
- Finally, tap Save and you're done!
- Start by accessing the Email app.
- Here, you will select the type of account. You may have the option to select other. If not, you can tap the + button to add a new account. Both options perform the same action.
- On the Add Account screen, type in your GCU username (including @my.gcu.edu) and password, then select Next.
- The Incoming Settings screen is where we will add the server information that holds your emails. For the type of account, select IMAP and enter the following settings:
Email address: email@example.com
Password: GCU password
IMAP server: outlook.office365.com
Security type: SSL
Server port: 993
- Once finished with adding the incoming settings, tap Next.
- The Outgoing Settings screen tells your phone where to send emails out from.
Smtp server: smtp.office365.com
Security type: TLS
Server port: 587
- Once finished with adding the outgoing settings, tap Next.
- The final step is to add a name to the account. You can name it anything that helps you identify which account it is. When you're done, tap Finish Setup!
NOTE If your password is changed at any time, you will have to complete these steps again in order to synchronize your GCU email with your smartphone.