For over 15 years, GCU has offered premier online education and is a recognized leader in online education. While the COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented situation, we are uniquely positioned to provide you a high-quality learning environment to complete the few remaining weeks of your current courses online while simultaneously keeping students, faculty and staff safe. This message will help you be successful during the transition.
With the decision to complete your current classes in the online environment, it is important to note the unique opportunity this will provide to maximize your learning at Grand Canyon University during the last four weeks of the semester. GCU uses LoudCloud (LC), which provides multiple resources for student learning. It is important you take full advantage of the resources available in your LC classroom. Your instructors will utilize these resources to provide opportunities for live and on-demand learning while meeting the objectives for each class and providing regular and substantive interaction between students and faculty.
To maximize your learning experience, individual instructors will define best practices within your online classrooms to optimize your learning experience. For your success:
- Log in and read the latest announcement during your regular class time
- Participate fully in discussion topics as directed by instructor
- View all links and resources provided by the instructor (links, videos, PowerPoints, Student Success Center, GCU Library, etc.)
- Ask questions in the forums as directed by your instructor
- Submit all assignments on time in LoudCloud
- Continue to communicate with your instructor to maximize your success
Instructors will have initial announcements in your classroom by Sunday, March 22, 2020. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a high-quality learning experience that you have come to expect from GCU, and we appreciate your flexibility during this time.