You may encounter various errors when taking a quiz in LoudCloud. This article contains several issues and related troubleshooting steps that you may perform to address them.
If your quiz is accidentally submitted, it can be frustrating. Here are some tips on how to avoid it and what to do if it does happen:
- Make sure to set time aside to complete your quiz. Most quizzes have a time limit.
- A stable internet connection is required to complete the quiz. If your internet connection cuts out during the quiz, your quiz may automatically submit itself.
- Do not navigate away from the quiz page. Any navigation away from the quiz page, such as clicking the back button on your internet browser, will submit your quiz.
- Do not close the tab or browser when completing a quiz. This will cause the quiz to auto-submit.
- When answering the questions in your quiz, be sure to click Save and next to save your response. Using the numbered navigation at the top will save your answers.
- For optimal browser performance during the quiz, it’s best to close all other browser tabs/windows and to clear your cache and cookies before beginning.
You may come across an error while taking a quiz where the Save & Next button does not appear on a question. Here are a few workarounds you can use to help you answer the questions and submit the quiz:
You might need to adjust your screen resolution to better view the quiz. Please see Changing Your Screen Resolution for complete instructions.
The Save and Next button may not appear on a certain question if your browser is zoomed in too far. In order to zoom out, press and hold the Control key (Command on a Mac) and press the minus (-) button. This will incrementally adjust the size of the text and images appearing within your browser. If this does not show the Save and Next button, move onto the next step.
The final question of each quiz will only have the option to Save. Be sure to click save before selecting Submit Quiz.
Tab and Enter
There are some occasions where even though the button is not visible on the screen, the option to select Save and Next is possible. To test this in the LoudCloud system, select the answer and press the Tab key twice, then press the Enter key. The answer counter on the right-hand side of the page will let you know if you have any unanswered questions in the quiz.
Once you complete your quiz in LoudCloud, there may be some additional questions that require manual grading by your instructor. For these quizzes, you will not see your results initially and it will show as Ungraded in the Gradebook section. Once your instructor has graded your quiz, you can view the results in the quiz details or the Gradebook page.
Contacting your Instructor
It is recommended that you contact your instructor in the event these suggestions above do not resolve the issue. You can contact your instructor via the Individual Forum within the classroom or by email. Please review the article on how to contact your instructor for directions on locating your instructor’s contact information.
We also recommended that you take a screenshot of the accidentally submitted quiz or questions that are missing for documentation purposes. These screenshots should be included in the message you send to your instructor. For directions on how to taking a screenshot, check out our article on how to take a screenshot.