Before students and faculty can conduct research through GCU, they first need to complete training modules through CITI. The steps for registering and completing CITI training can be found through the following links:
- CITI Training Information in the DC Network (only accessible by doctoral researchers)
- CITI Training Registration Guide in the Student Success Center
- CITI Training Faculty Registration in the Center for Innovation in Research and Teaching (CIRT) website
After completing this training, potential researchers then apply for IRB approval through IRIS. For more information on that process, see our Help Center section on iRIS.
Once an application for research has been submitted, iRIS checks the CITI website to confirm that the required modules have been completed. Applicants may see the following error message in iRIS if there is a problem with their CITI training validation.
“Training validation failed”
If you see this error, complete the following steps:
- Confirm that both of the following modules in CITI have been completed for any investigators included on the study:
- RCR FOR SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE DOCTORAL LEARNERS
- Students in Social/Behavioral Research
NOTE If you or one of the other investigators in your study have not completed these modules, ensure that these get completed and follow the instructions to retract a study in step 3.
- To confirm and/or update the email in CITI, log into CITI at citiprogram.org
- Change the email address in CITI to match the GCU email used to register with iRIS
- Allow 24-48 hours for CITI and iRIS to register the updated email
Steps to retract the study: