This article is intended for use by high school students taking MAT-274 in LoudCloud. If you are a GCU student looking for help with your class environment, please see our Help Center section specifically for you.
LoudCloud is the learning management system (LMS) in which you will complete your coursework. This article will provide the information needed to be successful in your class!
First, check out the tutorial series below to learn about LoudCloud. (You may need to turn off the subtitle / closed caption settings)
If something in your course is not functioning correctly, we first recommend that you try basic troubleshooting. See the article below for instructions:
If basic troubleshooting does not resolve your issue, please review the information we have available in the Help Center by typing key words into the search bar at the top. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, contact Technical Support directly and we will be happy to assist! We have also compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions below to address the needs of your specific course.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are multiple versions of LoudCloud, so first it's important to make sure you are accessing the correct website. Your class will take place in this system:
To log in, enter your username and password. Your username will follow this format:
If you need to reset your password, contact Technical Support at 602-639-7202. Please identify yourself as a high school student when you connect with a technician.
The information below will assist you in logging into WebAssign the first time. Due to the WebAssign website updating frequently Once you have logged in, utilize the Help option (in the upper right hand corner of the page) to learn more about WebAssign. Please make sure to keep your password in a safe place as you will need it throughout the course.
Your instructor will provide a class key in the announcements. Once you have the class key follow the instructions below to create your own account.
- Go to https://www.webassign.net/wa-auth/login and click Enter Class Key.
- Enter the class key your instructor gave you and click Enroll.
- If the correct class and section is listed, click Yes, this is my class.
- Either provide your existing WebAssign account information or create a new account.
- Select I already have a WebAssign account, enter your account information, and click Continue.
- Select I need to create a WebAssign account, enter the requested information, and click Create My Account.
These instructions apply for most schools. Some schools use alternative login sites.
- Go to https://www.webassign.net/wa-auth/login
- Type your Username and Password.
- Click Sign In.
- Click your WebAssign course.
- Click Continue to Course.
NOTE: The first time you log in, change your password.
WebAssign is tested and supported for the following Web browsers: Mozilla® Firefox®, version 24 or later Windows®, Mac® OS X, Linux® Internet Explorer®, version 10 or later Windows Google® Chrome™, version 35 or later Windows, Mac OS X Apple® Safari®, version 6 or later Mac OS X, iOS 6 or later on iPad®
Your current assignments are listed on the Home page for each class.
- Click the assignment name.
- Answer the assignment questions. WebAssign supports many different question types. Some questions display a tools palette or open in a new window.
- Submit your answers.
- Review your marks and feedback. Usually you will see a green checkmark or red x for each answer.
- Change your incorrect answers and submit again.
When you are done, always click Log out.
You may be required to answer discussion questions within your learning environment. If you have discussion questions to complete, see the following article for more information:
To check your grades, navigate to the Progress page within LoudCloud. For more information about the Progress page, see the following article:
The textbook for your course is hosted on WebAssign. If you are unable to access your eBook through WebAssign, we recommend reaching out to your instructor for assistance.
Since students in this course are not official GCU students, you will not have access to the free version of Office we typically provide. If you are required to use any Office programs as part of your course, please reach out to your instructor or school representative for a solution.