Launchpad is an external learning resource that students enrolled in MAT-274 will use to complete course assignments.
How do I register for Launchpad?
Launchpad is open for student registration. You can get started by going to the course specific URL provided by your instructor, typically located in your announcements page.
You will have three options to register:
Register an access code:
Select this option if your course contains an access code
Select this option if your course does not contain an access code
This provides a free 21 day access while Ground students decide how to purchase
Any work performed during the 21 day trial period is saved as long as the same username is used during a purchased registration
Once a registration method has been selected, you will be prompted to create an account by entering your email address. We recommend that you register using your GCU email (@my.gcu.edu).
Once you have successfully registered with Launchpad, you will need to download the additional JMP software that is used to complete course assignments.
The link to create an account with JMP and download the software is available within LaunchPad on the Viewing eBooks page.
The authorization code will be provided by your instructor in your course announcements.
After logging into Launchpad, just follow the steps below to download JMP:
- Click on the Access to JMP link
- Enter the authorization code provided by your instructor
- Create an account
- Use your @my.gcu.edu email to sign up
- Click on the shopping cart to download (this step may be confusing, however, the download is entirely free and does not require purchase)
- The download link will also be sent to your email
- If issues arise, check the system requirements and update software if necessary
That’s it! Any questions regarding how to use the JMP software should be directed to your instructor. Remember to check the LoudCloud Roster for their office hours!
Technical Requirements for using Launchpad
- Adobe Flash Player (Some titles require Adobe Flash Player version 10 or higher. However, using version 11 or the most current version available is recommended.)
- Adobe Reader (To view PDFs)
- Various video players/codecs depending on title: Brightcove, Apple QuickTime, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, OggVorbis.
- Some content requires Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
The following browsers are recommended:
- Chrome 28 and above
- Firefox 13 and above
- Safari 6 and above
- Internet Explorer 10 and above
Launchpad uses pop-ups, especially during the process of completing an online purchase to the following sites:
- Higher Education instructors and students: Allow pop-ups on www.macmillanhighered.com.
- High school teachers and students: Allow pop-ups on www.highschool.bfwpub.com.
- Must allow session cookies
Because Launchpad's rich media runs on Flash, iPads, iPods, iPhones, and other mobile devices are not supported. Using an unsupported device or browser may prevent you from registering, logging in, navigating the site, assigning items, and submitting answers to a quiz.
If you have problems registering, purchasing, or logging in, you can contact Launchpad's Customer Support. Representative are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- By online form
Or from 9 a.m. to 3 a.m. EST, 7 days a week:
- By phone: (800) 936-6899