As a faculty member at GCU, you have access to submit documents through Turnitin.com. This is helpful when you need to accept assignments in situations where students cannot run their submissions through Turnitin in LoudCloud. If you are a student, please see Turnitin FAQ for more information.
To use your account through Turnitin.com, you will first need to reset your password and create a class following the steps below.
- Go to turnitin.com
- Click Log In
- Click on the link next to Forgot your password.
- Enter your GCU email address and last name, then click Next.
- Check your email and follow the instructions to reset your password. You will have 24 hours to change your password using the emailed link.
- Return to turnitin.com and log in. You will be prompted to set up a security question. When done, click Submit.
- Once logged in, change your role to Instructor.
- To submit something to Turnitin, create a new class in your account page by selecting Add Class
- Class type should be Standard; fill out the rest of the form and click Submit.
- Your test class details will display
- Enter your test class by clicking on the name of the class on your dashboard page
- Click Add Assignment
- Enter the assignment parameters using start/due/post dates of your choice – use the required TII settings as outlined below starting with Allow Submission After Due Date – then click Submit
- Upload the file and click Upload
- Click Confirm
- Click Go to Assignment Inbox
- You can now view the similarity report from the assignment inbox
- Return to the same class and assignment to submit another document to TII