If you no longer want Microsoft Office on your computer, you can easily remove it. Uninstalling Office is similar to any other program or application. The process for uninstalling a program can differ between Mac and Windows operating systems, so check out this support article for step by step instructions on uninstalling a program or application. However, if you encounter any trouble removing Microsoft Office, there is a tool that can help.
To automatically uninstall Microsoft Office:
- Navigate to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501 and scroll down until you see Step 2: Select the Uninstall Steps for your installation type.
- Select the Click-to-Run or MSI uninstall steps.
- Locate Option 2- Completely uninstall Office with the uninstall support tool and click the Download
The File Download dialog box will appear at the bottom of the window. Depending on the browser you are using, you will click run, open, or save file in the File Download dialog box.
When the process is finished, click Open folder, find the file (the name should be SetupProd_offScrub.exe), and then double-click it to run the download. If you click Open, you may have problems when you run the download.
This will automatically remove Microsoft Office. Once it’s finished, make sure to restart your computer!
Removing Office License Files on a Mac
The license removal tool helps to remove all current Office licenses that are on your Mac computer.
To automatically uninstall Microsoft Office licenses, navigate to How to remove Office license files on a Mac and click Download the license removal tool.
- Next, open the .pkg file located in your Downloads folder.
Select Continue to follow the steps in the set-up wizard.
When completed, select Install. You will then be prompted to enter in your administrator username and password. Once completed, select Close.
- You may now sign into your Microsoft Office with your GCU email address and password.