When you access the forums in your LoudCloud classroom, you may run into an orange spinning loading circle. This can sometimes happen when the browser is having trouble loading the content from the LoudCloud server.
Here are a few easy steps to clear up the orange loading circle:
- The easiest and fastest step is to simply refresh your browser. You can do this by clicking on the Refresh button (usually shown as an open circle with an arrow at one end, located near the address bar). If you prefer using the keyboard, you can press F5 or hold Ctrl (Command on a Mac) and press R.
- If refreshing your page does not clear up the circle, try restarting your computer. Restarting your computer will force your browser to create a new connection to the LoudCloud server and should load the content.
- Clearing out your cache and cookies is always a good idea to keep your browser fast and responsive. It's also a great step to try to clear up the orange loading circle.
- Try restarting your Internet connection. Similar to restarting your computer, this will force a new connection to LoudCloud.
- Finally, you can always try a different Internet browser. Here are the Internet browsers that are supported for use with LoudCloud.
We are actively seeking out the cause of these endless orange loading circles. If you have attempted these steps and the content still does not load, more information on your specific browser or LoudCloud server you are connected to can help us troubleshoot further. You can send us this information by submitting a support request.
NOTE If you are receiving a Processing Request message when attempting to post a discussion question response, it may be that you have an emoji or smiley in the body or title of the text. Removing the emoji or smiley should allow you to post your reply.