Java is a computing platform used for some of GCU's multimedia websites. These sites may not function properly unless you have the current version of Java installed. The creators of Java have a helpful web tool that can be used to verify if your Java is working correctly and offer a seamless method of updating if needed.
- To verify if you have Java, start at the java.com website
- Select the Do I have Java? link
- Click on the red Agree and Continue button
- If your Java is up to date, no changes are necessary. If not, you can download and install the latest version of Java by clicking Download Java Now
- Once you are finished updating, make sure to check that any previous versions were uninstalled