Which system am I using?
You may be using the Old LoudCloud if you see a purple/blue menu bar or if your url starts with lc-trad1.gcu.edu, lc-ugrad3.gcu.edu, or lc-grad3.gcu.edu.
You may be using the New LoudCloud (also referred to as the LMS) if your menu dropdown is on the left side or if your url starts with lms-trad.gcu.edu, lms-ugrad.gcu.edu, or lms-grad.gcu.edu.
You can track your students' participation through the Gradebook. To locate their posts:
- Click the Reports tab and select Gradebook.
- Next, click on the Participation link for the week that you wish to review.
- To the right of each student's name is a View Posts link. Click the link for the respective student you would like to grade.
- From the View Posts window, you can see all the posts that the student has made during the week in question. You can filter the posts further by the specific date or topic.
New LoudCloud (LMS)
You can track student participation through the Progress tab. To locate student posts, follow these steps:
- Select Progress from the Navigation Menu.
- Once on the Progress page, locate the appropriate student. You can also search by the student name to narrow down the results.
- The Participation is next to the other assignments and Discussion Questions for the current week. Click on the points to open the Participation window for a specific student. Note, you must click directly over the points.
- On the Participation window, you can see all of the posts made by the student you selected. You can filter the types of posts you'd like to see, such as ones you have already marked as substantive.
- When you are ready to enter the participation points, enter a score and a comment, and click Save or Save & Publish.