MAXQDA is qualitative data analysis software available to doctoral students. This software allows you to transcribe audio and video files, import and analyze Twitter data, analyze focus groups, visualize results, conduct text analysis, generate reports, and create statistical frequency tables.
These instructions are relative to Mac computers.
Click here to start the download: Mac Download
The MAXQDA2018_Setup.msi file will begin to download in your browser. This process can take 10 minutes depending on your internet speed.
Once the download process is complete, click the downloaded file and a new screen will appear. Read the License Agreement Terms and Conditions, and click Accept.
You may be prompted to enter your Mac administrator username and password. After entering the username and password, click OK.
You will then see a message asking if you are sure you want to open this application. You can choose whether or not to click the checkbox, which will prevent this type of message from appearing in the future. Then click Open.
Next, you will be prompted to click and drag the MAXQDA file into Applications to start the installation process. This can be done using the shortcut inside of this box.
A new screen will appear with options of how to proceed. Click the option to Activate MAXQDA 2018.
You will be prompted to activate your MAXQDA program. In the screen that appears, enter the serial number (this can be located by clicking this link to the DC Network and logging in), your first and last name, and your GCU email. After entering this information, click Activate Now.
In the activation screen that appears next, read the agreement and place a check in the I Agree box. Then click OK.
Wait for the program to finish activating. This process may take a few minutes to complete. A screen will appear to notify you once the activation is complete.
You can now start using MAXQDA! For help using this program, check out Getting Started with MAXQDA.
- Open MAXQDA and click New Project. Choose a location to save your file.
- A box will appear offering a new version of MAXQDA. Click Download update.
- You may automatically be prompted to update your software, but you may also manually search for updates by clicking the question mark in the upper right corner. Then select Search for Updates from the menu that appears.
- If you receive the following error message, this means that you have just installed your MAXQDA program and have tried to push an update. Notice: The newest version may not automatically install. Click on Cancel, then restart your computer.
- The download process will begin. Once it has completed, click Install and Relaunch.
- A box will appear notifying you that the update was successful. Click OK. The program will then re-open and you can begin using it.