This article refers to tracking participation within the LoudCloud platform, which is currently being used for undergraduate courses and some graduate level courses. If your class is not in the LoudCloud and is in the Halo | Learn platform, please see (Halo | Learn) Faculty Gradebook for assistance instead.
You can track student participation through the Gradebook tab. To locate student posts, follow these steps:
- Select Gradebook from the Navigation Menu.
- Once on the Gradebook page, locate the appropriate student. You can also search by the student name to narrow down the results.
- The Participation is next to the other assignments and Discussion Questions for the current week. Click on the points to open the Participation window for a specific student. Note, you must click directly over the points.
NOTE Participation is currently located towards the end of the gradebook. To view student's participation, use the scrollbar found at the bottom of the page to navigate to the far right.You can also click the menu button (three horizontal lines) in order to select Grade All. The Grade All function will allow you to grade multiple students at once. Assignments will appear in order of submission from oldest to newest.
Additionally, if you receive an error that states, "This is an 'Offline Assessment' content. Hence, there is no submission to view." contact Technical Support for assistance. This error can only be resolved through an escalation to the Curriculum Department.
NOTE The "Grade All" feature does not currently work for Participation grades if a student drops or is removed from a course. Participation grades will need to be submitted one at a time. For more information or to sign up for updates, please refer to our LMS Known Issues article.
Using the Grade All feature will automatically take you to the next participation column once you have finished grading.
- On the Participation window, you can see all of the posts made by the student you selected. You can filter the types of posts you'd like to see, such as ones you have already marked as substantive.
- When you are ready to enter the participation points, enter a score and a comment, and click Save or Save & Publish.